“Everything is created twice, first in the mind and then in reality.”― Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams and Reaching Your Destiny
One book I always rave about asking everyone to read is “The monk who sold his Ferrari” by Robin Sharma, a motivational speaker. First time I read this book when i was in final year of my Bachelor’s degree (2013). Took a night to complete it. Its very engaging. Lightens you up. Read it so many times after that. Whenever I need a piece of mind, something to think about, calm my thoughts i go back to this book. It just eases life.
Lets discuss about the learning from this book. Would not discuss the story plot, don’t want to spoil your experience.
- Control- Focusing on interior than exterior. Most of the time we are worried about what is exterior to one self. This book teaches how we can change our exterior if we focus on our interior by controlling mind, body & soul.
- Manage- Time managed is life managed. Managing time brings us closer to our goals.
- Discipline- Practice makes perfect. It takes 21 days of discipline to manifest a habit.
- Quality- Positive outlook. You become what you think, what you see, what you hear & what you speak.
- Concentration- Sharpening focus. Focusing your mind without any distractions.
- Believe- Being limitless. Dreaming big and achieving them.
- Selflessness- Being for others. Think for each one.
The author has beautifully described how we can attain the above by following different methods and practices in our routine life.
Do read and let me know what you found interesting in it. 😀