Makhane with a twist. Your evening breaks can get healthier & chatpata with this recipe. It’s super easy and you know its good when none is left. 😛
Seeing how much the “Easy Healthy Evening Snacks: Puffed Rice Namkeen & Garlic Grilled Corn” was loved & appreciated, decided to put up another recipe for munching healthy snacks during the evening.
This recipe is inspired from my mother’s recipe. When she tells me to eat makhane as they are rich in calcium. So we stopped bringing namkeens, seeing how bad the oil they are using & replaced them with murmura (puffed rice, makhane). Was reading how unhealthy canola/sunflower/palm oils are. This recipe is cooked in Ghee.
- 100 gm Makhane
- 6 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri mirch/deghi mirch
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
- Take a large big pan/kadhai. Add 3 tbsp of ghee.
- Stir & roast the makhane for 10 mins on low flame.
- On a separate pan, add 3 tbsp of ghee, kashmiri lal mirch, red chilli powder, salt, chat masala.
- Mix the tadka with the crispy makhane. Stir well. Mix well
- Keep stirring the makhane, otherwise they will stick to the pan & easily burnt.
- You can add more chat masala or chilli powder if like it on the spicier side.
- You can use olive oil also.