Pesto sauce? Nope. Yesterday, I was craving to make pesto sauce, due to scarcity of ingredients I thought why not Spinach?
A healthy but not so healthy version of white sauce pasta. I wish technology could do justice and we could feel the taste somehow. Expressing things would have been so much easier. So happy about how well the experiment turned out. Will not stop raving about the sauce. ;D
Try this amazing Spinach white sauce:
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Capsicum
- Pickled jalapenos
- Spinach paste
- 1 bowl boiled pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt, pepper, oregano
- White sauce: Add all purpose flour & butter in a pan. Stir and add milk slowly. Keep stirring till becomes like a paste. Add salt, pepper & oregano according to taste.
- Spinach paste: grind 4,5 spinach leaves with some water into a fine paste.
- In a separate pan, add oil, chopped onion & capsicum, fry till medium brown.
- Add the white sauce & stir everything.
- Now add the spinach paste with the boiled pasta.
- Cook & stir for 5 minutes.
- As the white sauce has salt, pepper and oregano, taste before adding more to the pasta.
- Always add the spinach paste into the white sauce and not the reverse to prevent the spinach from getting a burnt flavor.
- Cook pasta in medium flame to have a creamy affect.